IFS Chemicals Ltd is a fully owned subsidiary of Huntsman Corporation
- IFS Chemicals Ltd is a speciality chemicals business, providing bespoke polyurethane chemicals to a wide variety of industries.
- The company was formed in 1982, initially as a supplier to the insulation industry (construction and commercial refrigeration).
- Huntsman Corporation acquired IFS in May, 2017. Bringing together the best of IFS and Huntsman’s Polyurethanes division, the company will strengthen its ability to meet the growing needs of existing and future customers.
- Throughout the intervening years significant progress has been made in other manufacturing sectors, notably the automotive industry, sub-sea pipelines, moulding and buoyancy applications.
- This is in addition to the multitude of uses that a diverse manufacturing sector has developed, often with the dedicated assistance of IFS personnel.
- Over the years, a number of challenges have arisen within these industries, not least the environmental considerations relating to the use of blowing agents.
- The company successfully accomplished a number of industry firsts:
- The development of raw materials from non-petrochemical sources in 1983.
- The commercial use of zero ozone depletion blowing agents in 1988.
- The early introduction of low global warming blowing agents.
- This trend in innovation continues to this day with the introduction of a range of new products based on the latest HFO blowing agent technology.
- The success of the business results from a focussed approach to providing customers with their precise needs.
- In essence, this means a product that is customised to their exact requirements and:
- is price competitive
- includes technical service
- benefits from fast delivery times
- exhibits a constant willingness to go the extra mile by all IFS personnel
- Our commitment to the success of our customers’ business is the number one priority for everyone at IFS. This includes the directors, all laboratory staff, production operatives and general office staff.
- Our customer and staff retention levels are very high indeed - this is because we care for and look after both.
- Please see our video on the homepage to get an idea of our business philosophy, something that sets us apart from the competition.
- We believe that having the right mind-set is the single most important aspect of our business.
- We operate on a can-do basis in all departments.
- However, like any successful business, importance must also be placed on modern facilities, financial prudence, health & safety considerations and environmental issues.
- The success of IFS results from the positive attitude to all those that help us grow the business, including
- our customers
- our staff
- our suppliers
- our transport contractors,
- our external computer specialists,
- our bank personnel
- our maintenance contractor
- By pulling together, usually all in the same direction, we are able to provide our customers with the right product, at the right price, at the right time.
Our Operating Base
- IFS operates from a 55,000 sq.ft factory on a 5-acre site in Roydon, a rural environment close to the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
- The plant consists of seven adjoining units, which allow efficient product flow from raw material warehousing, through production, to quality control and finished goods storage.
- The production area consists of 20 resin-blending stations, ranging in capacity from 25 litres to 25,000 litres. Most of these are mounted on floor-standing load cells, accurate to within 0.2% and regularly calibrated.
- Each blending station is dedicated to a specific type of resin, some having pressure facilities to allow the introduction of volatile components, and others having vacuum and heating facilities to assist with de-aeration.
- As well as a modern QC laboratory, the plant contains a spacious and well-equipped development laboratory where new formulations are derived for all foam and elastomer applications.
- Laboratory-scale developments progress on to the machinery section where prototyping can be achieved, often using moulds or panel facing materials provided by customers or prospective clients.
- We have all the facilities needed to provide a competent service to all users of polyurethane chemicals.
- Whilst the development of new products is vital for the on-going success of the business, it is essential that the customer is fully equipped with sufficient knowledge of how to use the chemicals
- This is important in terms of
- Mixing efficiency of the two-component system.
- Temperature considerations (chemical and production environment).
- Mould design.
- H&S issues.
- Possible limitations to production efficiency.
- Our technical service personnel have a great deal of experience in helping customers obtain maximum performance from our chemicals.
- They are well versed in the issues listed above and regularly attend manufacturing sites to optimise the production variables required for an efficient manufacturing process.
- We are fully aware of the importance of receiving our products in good time.
- Customers can be assured that by working closely with our transport colleagues, our deliveries are normally received on the requested day.
- Our lead times are short, requiring only 5 working days’ notice for established customers.
- In many cases, we keep products in stock, ready for call-off when required.
- Unlike some of our competitors, all products are held in our local UK facility, thus ensuring an efficient delivery service to all parts of the country.
Always available to help.
Excellent laboratory facilities.
Drum/IBC storage facility.
500 tonnes held in bulk.
MDI storage area.
Dedicated, reliable staff.
Prototyping machine hall.