IFS Chemicals of Norfolk, UK have recently introduced a unique product to the polyurethane chemical industry.Read More
Polyurethane (PU) and PIR insulation materials are the most efficient products in terms of thermal insulation performance.
- Incorporates high molecular weight blowing agent gases within its closed cell structure which reduce the passage of heat across the foam thickness.
- PU is lightweight and easy to install.
- Produced from a mixed two part liquid system that expands and sets within a short period of time.
- Will expand and flow to fill even the narrowest of cavities and complex geometries.
- Exhibits excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates which ensures insulation does not slump or sag in service.
- Has a very high strength to weight ratio, structurally stable and performs over a wide temperature range.
- Resistant to moisture ingress due to its closed cell structure therefore exhibits minimal loss of insulation performance with time.
Polyurethane is used in many application areas where energy saving need to be made:
- Wall and roof insulation in buildings, PU can meet the latest building regulation requirements at lower thickness, including Passiv house standard.
- Hot water storage cylinders – latest developments give an A rating for energy efficiency.
- Domestic and commercial refrigerators, PU gives the best energy ratings at the lowest thickness therefore maximising internal space.
- Insulation boards – produced on continuous machines and used in a variety of building applications.
- Composite panels – can be made continuously or discontinuously and are used mainly in commercial buildings, factories, distribution centres, warehousing, schools, hotels and some domestic timber framed houses.
- Spray applied PU insulation can be used externally on flat roofs or internally as wall and roof insulation in domestic dwellings as well as in animal housing.
- Pipe insulation – can be injected, sprayed or preformed for water oil or chemical installations.
Find Out More