When insulation matters, the choice is Envirofoam from IFS
Polyurethane is the material of choice for most commercial and domestic refrigerators
- It gives the best insulation efficiency.
- Good adhesion to plastic liners and metal cases.
- Minimises insulation thickness therefore maximising internal space.
- PU is lightweight with excellent rigidity and high strength.
IFS incorporates bio-based polyols in the Envirofoam Sustain range of products:
- Locally sourced rapeseed oil.
- Low energy conversion to polyol, a reduction of 90% when compared to petroleum-based polyol.
- In-house production of bio-based polyol at our facility in Norfolk, therefore reducing the carbon footprint.
- Helps refrigerator manufacturers to achieve a A+++ energy rating on their appliances.
IFS is committed to providing the most environmentally-friendly formulations:
- In 1988 we developed the first commercially available ODP zero polyurethane insulation system.
- Since 2009 we have commercialised formulations with very low Global Warming Potentials (GWP) – ‘Less than 5’, a requirement of the BREEAM Ecohomes initiative.
- Today, we are leading the way in cost-effective refrigeration materials, based on HFO blowing agents – delivering GWP’s of 1 (which are 99.9% lower than HFCs).
- HFO formulations have significantly lower lambda values
- These products provide the ultimate environmentally-attractive PU chemicals, that also fulfil the requirements of the European energy-rating tests, MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standard).