Low lambda-value insulation at North Middlesex Hospital
In Europe, about 40% of all energy used is in buildings, and 60% of that comes from heating and cooling them.
- Providing good insulation for houses is one of the simplest and most important things we can do to reduce energy consumption and combat climate change.
- Compared with other insulants, PU can obtain very high levels of thermal performance with minimal thickness.
- It is now possible to obtain a lambda value of 0.018 W/mK, meaning that very low U-values can be obtained with considerably less thickness than other commonly used insulation materials.
- PU insulation makes it easy to achieve the specified U-values.
PU is often specified for new-build and refurbishment properties using a variety of techniques, construction applications include:
- Factory manufactured timber frame buildings
- Structural insulation panels
- Masonry cavity wall injected directly onsite
- Spray foam applied directly to roof and wall elements on-site
- Factory manufactured insulation boards which are cut to fill on-site
- Insulated concrete blocks
- Insulated doors, lintels and window frames
- Insulated hot water storage cylinders
PU is the most thermally efficient Insulation material available on the market today which
- Provides the best insulation at minimal thickness, therefore maximising internal space
- Reduces construction costs by minimising the depth of timber studs or the length of fasteners
- In solid walls it can be used either internally as insulated plasterboard or externally behind render
- PU does not slump over time unlike cellulose or other fibrous forms of insulation
- PU is resistant to water ingress, therefore the insulation remains efficient during its lifetime unlike other insulation material whose efficiency deteriorates markedly if it is subjected to moisture
IFS polyurethane systems are environmentally sustainable and provide a cost-effective route to meet the Fabric Energy Efficiency Standard; a major contribution to 'A' rated Energy Performance
- Envirofoam Sustain incorporates a locally manufactured natural oil polyol -Link to Envirofoam sustain web page
- The insulation materials manufactured using IFS chemicals have zero ozone depletion potential (ODP).
- The Global Warming Potential (GWP) of our systems can be minimised with newly developed HFO blowing agent technology.