Formulated polyurethanes are available for several types of marine applications, principally as a result of the variation in properties that can be achieved with this versatile polymer. Applications include
- Subsea industries – pipeline protection and insulation
- Syntactic Polyurethane in densities from 650 – 1150 kg/m3
- Capable of being submerged to 3000m at the higher density
- Standard Thermal conductivity of 0.2 W/mK
- Can incorporate aggregates within the polymer matrix
- Can also be used in pipe jointing
- Buoyancy – Mid water subsea systems
- From 200 - 400kg/m3 for depths from 350 metres to 700 metres (with suitable coating).
- Foams are dimensionally stable, exhibit high impact properties and are biologically inert.
- Negative buoyancy systems are required for concrete coated gas supply lines
- Cellafoam 161 is the industry standard.
- Open cell and high impact resistance renders it ideal for placement on the seabed.
- Oil Rigs
IFS have over 30 years of experience in the formulation of polyurethane systems for marine applications with many projects completed which are still in service today – contact us for more information