Moulded flexible foams available in a range of density, hardness and fire rating
The ability of polyurethane to fill complex cavities, accurately reproducing detailed in-mould designs.
- Systems that flow and set within seconds and speciality grades to fulfil many types of fire-retardant specifications, has led to a very large moulding industry for this highly-engineered product group.
The additional feature of forming a well-defined integral skin outer surface has been achieved by carefully selecting the type of blowing agents and reaction-forming catalysts used in the process.
IFS has a complete set of chemical grades, ideally suited for flexible and rigid mouldings.
- The Enviromould range covers flexible foam products for furniture seating (including Crib 5 fire specification).
- Medium density foams for wood replacement applications.
- Rigid structural foams.
- Solid elastomeric materials for a wide variety of end-uses.
- Some products contain fillers to achieve specific aims, including high levels of fire retardancy (UL94-V0), specific colours and increased weight/density.
- Polyurea systems, both reactive injection moulding or spray-applied grades.
A combination of low weight and high impact resistance, and a product suitable for moulding anything including:
- Faux wood panelling
- Computer housings
- Tennis rackets
- Industrial metal detectors
- Adhesive-backed protective bumpers
- Clear housings for SolarLite road studs
- Plus many more application areas – contact IFS with your particular requirements
High modulus foams in metal replacement applications.
Envirofoam S1140 for electronic machine housings.
Filled polyurethane foam for faux wood applications.
Rolls-Royce bumper using sprayed polyurea.